Last season saw the men’s and women’s teams succeeded at training and in matches. We saw blood, sweat and tears from the hard work given by our players, and the hardest working found themselves rewarded with a club award at the clubs AGM.
- Committee member of the year – Simon Papworth
- Best newcomer – Brwa A Muhamad
- Mens most improved – Ugis Miltinans
- Women’s most improved – Kasia Plesnar
- Men’s MVP – Lukas Kundrotas
- Women’s MVP – Iza Karwacka
- Tournament player of the year – Chris Watson
- Coaches player of the year – Kasia Plesnar
- Club Member of the year – Iza Karwacka & Kev Abbott
- Referee of the year – Hannah Davies
- Best Libero – Cat Wright
- Most likely to play volleyball after an all night bender – Everita Sokolova
Thank you to everyone who made last season so successful. Our new season is due to begin soon with the first indoor training sessions taking place on the first Wednesday in September at Northgate Sports Centre. Men’s training will now take place on Wednesday nights 8pm – 10pm (there will no longer be a Thursday training season).
We will endeavour to keep playing in Christchurch park over the next few weeks providing the sun keeps the ground dry enough for safe volleyball.